Nestled in the Kathmandu Valley, but still at an altitude of at 1,200 metres, Kathmandu has a reputation for being one of the most interesting and friendly cities in the whole of Asia.
A home to the famous Mount Everest and neighbouring mountains in the surrounding Himalayas. As well as the start of less intense trekking holidays, white-water rafting adventures or cultural or wildlife tours throughout Nepal. Overall this bustling city is diverse enough to offer something for everyone.
All things considered, a visit to Nepal’s capital city is likely to leave a long-lasting impression that will make you want to keep coming back!
Read the whole article on An Introduction to Kathmandu…
- Driving From India to Nepal: The Highway to Heaven
- Sherpas of Nepal: Our guides to the top
- Top 10 Treks in Nepal: the best routes in the Himalayas
1 Comment to “Introduction to Kathmandu, Nepal”
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth