I’m A Celebrity Get Me A Wet Wipe! Yes, any TV show that puts celeb contestants in ‘extreme’ environments is usually a farce – punctuated with weeping, flirting and general faffing around with maggots: Until now.
That’s because The Discovery Channel is about to air Alone in the Wild a programme that is, as far as I can see, pretty much the real thing.
Eight celebs dumped off for six days and six nights to fend for themselves, with only what they could carry and a digital camera for company.
We had to check out this claim, and spoke with the show’s director to see just how ‘alone in the wild’ our celebs were; he backed up the claims. Every day the celebs left their batteries and memory cards in a drop-box – no contact with the crew whatsoever, accept to get filming tips from scrawled messages he left for them.
So who’s in at the deep end? Freddie Flintoff, who gets a little too close to the wildlife of the Okavango Delta in Botswana; Donal Macintyre, who looses the plot altogether; Joe Pasquale, who loved every minute – almost every minute; and Chris Ryan, who battled torrential rain and was cool enough to probably knock out a novel while he was there. Donal, Joe and Chris were dumped in the rainforest of Guyana, and boy did it rain!
Also left to fend for themselves were Dancing on Ice judge Jason Gardiner, freediver Tanya Streeter, Winter Olympic champion Amy Williams and Daredevil Aron Ralston.
From the show reel I saw this is a show not to be missed. It’s tough in a way that other shows can only pretend to be, and drags out the real character of the celebs who took on the challenge.
Check out the photos and vids of the stars Alone in the Wild.
- Stars and Stetsons: skiing in the US
- Stars come out for London Boat Show
- Extreme sports gaming: Will it ever be as good as the real thing?
2 Comments to “Celebrity news: stars face real survival battle”
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth