Discovery Channel is about to start a series of shows which take celebrities up close and personal, right into the heart of adventure. If you’re between expeditions, having a break from training or just an armchair explorer, these shows are for you.
Doing away with all modern creature and adventure comforts, James Cracknell’s going back to basics in ‘The World’s Toughest Expeditions’. Starts 24th May 2012 on Discovery Channel. Starts 22nd April 2012.
Discovery Channel recently ran the ‘Alone in the Wild’ and has again recruited Freddie Flintoff for more adventure travelling. We’ve a show preview for you.
Freddie’s taking another step into the unknown; the likeable and ever entertaining star will be getting into a series of epic wildlife adventures. Watch Freddie dealing with the challenges of wildernesses in Tanzania, Australia, Canada and Borneo. Starts 24th May 2012.
Taking on the challenges of the Pacific, Chris Martin and Mick Dawson will be rowing 7,000 miles across the Pacific from Japan to San Francisco. Starts 10th May 2012.
And the epic challenge to climb the seven highest mountains on each continent gets a one-off special. Geordie Stewart will be attempting to climb Everest to complete the challenge and Discovery Channel is following in his handholds. Starts 17th May 2012.
Here’s what to expect over the coming months:
- Running Across Countries: Three Ultra Distance Routes of Discovery
- Middle East Adventures: 10 Holidays to Remember
- The North Highland Way: 10 Adventures in Scotland
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth