Australia is the perfect destination for getting off the beaten track and really putting your four-wheel drive to work. The sheer size of this enormous country means that you can be faced with varying climates and soil terrains at every bump in the road.
If your idea of a holiday is pushing your driving skills to the limit, then get online, sort out some cheap car hire and you’re halfway there.
Although, in a nation where the scenery changes so dramatically, it is necessary to do a little bit of research before you go. Here is a list of tips for off-road driving down under.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth