There’s no set rule that says you have to spend your honeymoon lying flat out on a tropical beach or wandering dreamily around a historic city. Whether you’d prefer adventure honeymoons that find romance in remote wilderness locations or ones packed with adventure and crammed with extreme activities, there are plenty to really get your heart thumping.
One of the best ways to combine romance with adventure is to swap white sands for fresh snow. Iced mountains, falling snowflakes, flickering log fires and candlelight dinners: a ski-based honeymoon can be a truly magical and memorable way to start married life together.
But how can you make sure that your honeymoon is more than an average ski trip?
Some might say an adventurous honeymoon is something of an oxymoron. But we frown upon those who don’t believe in adventure honeymoons, where you can combine high-octane thrills with romance.
The idea of two weeks lolling beside a pool and doing absolutely nothing may sound like bliss following months of pre-wedding jitters and bridezilla-esque moments.
But before you book that all-inclusive plush pad in Thailand, think again.
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime trip instead with plenty of action — you won’t regret it!
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth