Recent months have seen two of the ASP’s top competitors deliberately and indefinitely drop from the roster. This summer, Bobby Martinez unleashed a flurry of expletives for the association after his swan song session in New York – effectively cutting his tie with professional competition.
Then, in December, ever-popular Dane Reynolds tendered his resignation with an unusually revealing blog post on his website. The tour they are leaving behind represents the apex of the sport to many: the best of the best duking it out on the best waves in the world. Competition is fierce just to be considered for the world tour.
Money. Travel. Fame. Waves. What could make these two men willingly leave the “Dream Tour”?
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth