After discussing with a friend about whether winter kayaking was a wise way of checking new craft, I lent him one of of my handmade boats (a prototype) to test, and we decided to get paddling. Dorset at West Bay would give us plenty of options to deal with everything the weather could throw at us. But all good plans…
We met up on a very cold and frosty Saturday morning and after a kit check and introducing Mark to his boat we headed to West Bay near Bridport to lay eyes on the sea conditions and plan according to the forecasts for the day.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth