I just spent the past month sailing on a 52-foot luxury catamaran in the Southern Caribbean. It was an epic trip with a great crew of friends and a very lenient captain.
Besides a few urchin spines and reef kisses, the worst injury that I sustained was from not wearing boat shoes – also sometimes called deck shoes.
Now, while I didn’t go to the Caribbean to wear shoes, there are advantages to having protection and grip on your feet while walking on board.
Based on this, here’s what’s on the market for people looking at buying the right boat shoes to protect their feet.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth