The Middle East – the ‘Cradle of Civilisation’ – where religions are born and legends created. Not only an epicentre of early culture and tradition, but also a hub of rampant modernity where skyscrapers rise from the desert and ruins resonate with sound of holy prayer.
Where the smell of spices mixes with perfume and leather in the bazaar, whilst a story-teller spins an ancient yarn under a starry sky.
It’s this kind of romantic vision that today forms the guidebook backdrop to Middle East adventures.
But you can’t just turn up in any old town and expect an adventure straight out of the Arabian Nights.
When it comes to the Holy Lands, it helps to know where you’re going and what you’re doing. So, if you do fancy heading that way in the near future, here’s a few places to get you started.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth