Some might say an adventurous honeymoon is something of an oxymoron. But we frown upon those who don’t believe in adventure honeymoons, where you can combine high-octane thrills with romance.
The idea of two weeks lolling beside a pool and doing absolutely nothing may sound like bliss following months of pre-wedding jitters and bridezilla-esque moments.
But before you book that all-inclusive plush pad in Thailand, think again.
Go for a once-in-a-lifetime trip instead with plenty of action — you won’t regret it!
Africa, the land of elephants and endless landscapes, is fast becoming known for its adventure sports destinations, whether diving with great white sharks or bungee jumping over Victoria Falls.
Along its length, from South Africa to Morocco, the landscape shifts and shapes, from gleaming skyscrapers, thick rainforest and solitary savannah to dusty desert dunes.
And with its growing tourist infrastructure, Africa is one of the most beautiful and epic of places to test your nose for adventure.
Here’s our guide to some of the best adventure sports destinations in Africa.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth