Sailing enthusiasts considering possible destinations may want to plot a summer course for Greece and Turkey. Those planning a yacht charter in Greece can look forward to beautiful weather, amazing beaches and plenty of culture inland, with a trip to the country’s capital Athens a must for visitors.
Millions flock to the ancient city’s ruins each year. The Acropolis is an awe-inspiring sight – perched on a hilltop, these ruins include the famous Parthenon and are sure to thrill holidaymakers of all ages.
The same can be said for a bareboat charter in Turkey, which, apart from serene sailing conditions and clear blue seas, offers the opportunity to explore archaeological sites around the coast.
Turkey also represents a great venue for a family holiday and the capital Istanbul has numerous attractions for both young and old, including the Dolphinarium, which regularly puts on live shows featuring walruses, dolphins and belugas.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth