It’s strange to think that South America was once a slightly fearsome proposition for some travellers. Of all the world’s continents, it has always been the source of the most mystery and intrigue.
Perhaps it was because of the mighty and still unexplored Amazon? It could even have been the other worldliness of some of the indigenous cultures.
Or maybe it was still the residual fascination of the world’s most recently discovered continent. For whatever reason, South America always had an allure but one that was tempered with caution.
In recent years, however, this view of South America has changed enormously. As more and more people began to visit and explore its countries, they discovered a continent of almost inconceivable contrast.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth