Choosing the ten best surf spots in Australia is like picking an all-star team of professional rugby players: There are too many great players to whittle down into at list of ten that will satisfy everyone.
But, like rugby players, waves exhibit characteristics that are objectively good: shape, consistency, prevailing conditions.
And if you’re surfing in Australia you’d expect to find all of these in the best spots you visit.
The more of these characteristics typifying a particular wave, the better the spot. Utilizing this scale and the best of my knowledge, the following is my attempt at Australia’s best surf spots.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth