As its Valentine’s Day, we thought to look at the places where adventure sports people could pop the question. Why do it in the pub or at a party when you’ve got Peru or Parachuting to pick from?
On top of a mountain
Just about any mountain will do. It could be Everest after a short trekking holiday in Nepal, or even one of the Lake District’s peaks after a day walk. Popping the question on top of a hill is one of the best ways to do it. Why? Well, having made it up there you’ll both be elated, your hearts thumping, with broad beaming smiles; a great time then to dig that ring box out of the waterproof case in the bottom of your day sack – and as you can be completely alone, you will also avoid any embarrassment should it go wrong! read more
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth