You can’t go wrong with taking safaris in South Africa. From its wild beaches and buzzy cities to its weird and wonderful wildlife reserves, there’s little doubt it’s one of Africa’s most memorable destinations.
And while the allure of Kenya’s Masai Mara and Botswana’s Okavango Delta provide stellar sightings of the Big Five, South Africa isn’t short on mighty animal encounters either. But where to head?
Here’s our round-up of its top five safari spots.
Visiting South Africa you’ll either base yourself in one of its cities, taking part of your holiday as a Safari, or spend all your time on one of its reserves. For the best of both worlds we’d look at the range of fantastic flats available to rent in Cape Town and take our safari separately.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth