Tourists looking for an activity holiday in Europe this year could do worse than arrange yacht charters in Turkey or go flotilla sailing in the country. With more than 5,000 miles of breathtaking coastline, holidaymakers have an array of choices at their fingertips when selecting potential destinations in Turkey.
When not enjoying the spray of the sea, people can head inland to experience adrenaline-surging activities such as rock-climbing and trekking excursions, or they can don their wetsuits for white water rafting.
Joanna Marsh, PR co-ordinator for the Turkish Culture and Tourism Office, also recommended that “a hot air balloon ride over the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia is another experience not to be missed”.
The office has also suggested that visitors make a trip to Istanbul, a city which it claims has a unique culture and must be visited by travellers at least once in their life.
- Adventure Sports & Travel Thoughts
- New Adventure Travel Ideas
- Our Experts
- Top 10s
- Travel Gear
- Adventure Sports Insurance: What Does The EHIC Actually Cover?
- Kayaking Challenges: Paddling 1300km in handmade kayaks
- Child-Free Sports: Time to reclaim the wave?
- New Zealand: Spiritual Home of Adventure Sports
- 5 Things Cyclists Never Do
- Kevlar Swiss Socks that Rock!
- Adventure Race Events: Trying the Toughest Challenges on Earth